Working Teeth Whitening Methods
Every people wants to have a perfectly white smile that is why teeth whitening process become very popular. It is done by employing various teeth whitening methods that have proved effective. Aside from cosmetic change, having a pearly white smile improve your self esteem and your confidence, no doubt.
The basic ingredients are hydrogen peroxide these acts as a bleach to the enamel of your teeth to make them whiter. The more hydrogen peroxide the teeth whitening has the more power it can give to whiten your teeth. Most teeth whitening products only have 10% hydrogen peroxide. Others have 16 or 22%.
If you do want to have your teeth whitened, be fully aware of all the facts surrounding it. Ask your dentist about it and go for it only on his advice. If he agrees to do it for you, ask him which of the many teeth whitening methods is right one.
- In Office Bleaching. This is performed in the dentist office in an hour or so and it gives immediate result. However this procedure is known to be expensive.
- Laser Teeth Whitening. This is the best choice if your teeth is not naturally stained.
- Teeth Whitening Toothpastes: These toothpastes can remove surface stains due to mild abrasives. Some has special chemicals that act as stain remover which work more effectively than regular toothpaste.
- Teeth Whitening Trays and Gels. It is an effective method but it takes too long to show any teeth whitening. It depends on the amount of hydrogen peroxide if the tray must be worn for two hour a day or longer. Result will be visible within two hours to three days.
- Teeth Whitening Strips. These are the easiest to use and inexpensive. However, it is much longer to see results compare to other methods. Teeth whitening strips effectiveness are base on the hydrogen content.
- Natural Teeth Whitening Products: These are teeth whiteners that are available in your house and in the market. You can use strawberries, lemon juice, wood ash, baking soda or crunchy vegetables to whiten teeth naturally.
Cleansing swabs too are known to whiten teeth safely and inexpensively. Once you use them, you won’t consider anything else.